Sunday 24 August 2014

Galiano Giggster's Whistler Blues: Sunday, August 24th!

We should measure affection, not like youngsters by the ardour of its passion, but by its strength and constancy. -Marcus Tullius Cicero, statesman, orator, writer (106-43 BCE) 

 
Hi Marilyn and Big Al! Glad to hear that your surgery went well, Colleen! Hope you are back to normal as soon as can be expected, given nature of operation, etc. Onward! Fight!!!

Sorry to learn that you won't be able to join us on Whistler Grandfondo outing, Big Al. However, understand completely but, that being said, your company would have been wonderful. Thanks for all the great snaps. Think Chloë mentioned that Colleen had said, "I took a nap and woke up in jail!" Great line. Have you decided to audition for Orange is the New Black?

Up at 7:15 am to zap a mug of java. Zirc appeared not long afterwards and once he'd showered we visited, over more coffee, yogurt with "expensive" free, wild blackberries and some delicious buns from Terra Breads he had picked up day before. He left about 8:40 am and Sarge very kindly drove him to airport. I went along as I was going to borrow his car but realized my prescription glasses were in Tofino. Ayn and Corinne took Titanium Green as Chloë needed Cora Lee's car for an Aunt Leah's' fund-raising event yesterday.

Whirlygig is coming over this afternoon. He will stay the night so have invited Land Lubber back for dinner and more bridge. Hope Sarge will make it this time! At any rate, as part of Whistler Granfondo training
/reconnoitering, on Monday Giorgio and I will ride up to Squamish to stay overnight with friends, Ruthless and Ricardo. Tuesday we plan to ride to Whistler and back and then stay overnight in Squamish again. Ride back to Vancouver on Wednesday. Interested?

Must away as I want to ride out to Iona and be back to in time to start preparations for dinner this evening. Wild salmon for Giorgio! These Island Folk are so fussy and particular!!! Trust all goes well until we meet again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/573218021#.U_qAOwU31Sw.email

Hi there, Quick response..thanks..also yout spontaneity is admirable..i am working on it! I didn't see this til now..later than you had in mine..I have lots of time now so I could be available for something this week if you are around and have time. I am trying to get more exercise so if you are interested in a long walk I would like that..java's good too.

Hi again, Barbara! Sure, a walk/java would be fine, sometime this coming week. As part of my Whistler Granfondo, (event is on September 6th), training/reconnoitering, tomorrow, friend, Giorgio and I will ride up to Squamish to stay overnight with friends, Ruthless and Ricardo. Tuesday we plan to ride to Whistler and back and then stay overnight in Squamish again. Ride back to Vancouver on Wednesday.

Must away as I want to ride out to Iona and be back in time to start my preparations for dinner this evening. Whirlygig, (aka Giorgio), lives on Galiano and is coming to Vancouver this afternoon. Wild salmon for him! These Gulf Island Folk are so fussy and particular!!! Trust all goes well until we meet again. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

PS: I seem to have misplaced your phone number so if you could send it along that would be great. Pic: Taken this past Saturday on patio of another cycling friend, Raymondo. We played squash together many years ago! 

very impressive and inspiring your cycling which you seemed to have notched up a level or two since i last saw you..let me know when you have time..  
 
Hello all, I’m scouting for a Coast Capital Savings advertisement and I need a kitchen that looks like a home. The art director has given me no more information than that but I thought I would do some crowd sourcing and see if anyone was interested in sending me a couple of photos of their kitchen. I need a couple of quick views - one in the long dimension of the kitchen and one the other way, or even a good overall shot - iPhone pics are perfectly fine.
We’re shooting on the 3rd of September - payment is $500 for a half day. It’ll be pretty straightforward, I hope and payment is by a cheque at the end of the shoot.
 

Please let me know if you’re interested or if you know of anyone else who might have a kitchen to offer. Any questions, by all means please let me know. Thanks, -A.
 

Hi Flash! The Islay Inn kitchen is yours if you'd like. Do you need any more snaps? Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Taken with new G16! 

Hello Tofino and Medicine Hat! Trust all goes/went well with Famiglia Vogt and Famiglia Hillson. Ragin' came back for just a bite of dinner as he had had a late lunch.  Sarge came upstairs, after a bbq with all the kids, to play a few hands. (Everyone went to Jericho for the afternoon.) Giorgio and I had all the cards. Loads of overlefts in the fridge. Imagine we will head out to Squamish sometime between 8:00-9:00 am. Probably give you a shout from Squamish Waldorf! Love to you both, Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment