Friday 10 October 2014

Township 7 Chardonnay Blues: Thursday, October 9th!

 You become writer by writing. It is a yoga. -R.K. Narayan, novelist (1906-2001)


Dear Comrade KurtDoublespeak:

I appreciate the "thaw" in the Cold War and accept you sincere apology for your overreaction. However, I remain even more bemused by the fact that you say that you "would feel somewhat of a loss", [inexplicably, on your part, if I understand you correctly], to see our relationship flounder, putting it politely, without an apology from me for crossing the "fine line" between teasing and insulting. I am reminded of the following quotation:

There is no more irritating fellow than the man who tries to settle an argument...by quoting from Webster. -Mortimer J. Adler, philosopher, educator, and author (1902-2001)The very fact that you felt, initially, that I was insulting you in an insult in itself. Watch out for icepicks! Patrizzio!


Hi Giggster! Sorry to put you in the unenviable position of divided loyalties! That being said, I certainly do appreciate that you understand the silliness of all of this. That being said, for better of for worse, I do feel that Kurt is acting as a bully, a wounded one, obviously, but I'm still not prepared to let him carry on as the aggrieved party in need of mollycoddling. In my estimation, Felix's brother hasn't grown up and he can rant and rave as he sees fit but there ain't no skin off my rhino hide for all the fussing he throws my way. I've learned, since 'Orrible 'Ungie days, and earlier, that bullies are bullies and need to understand that their behaviour is loathsome. Not quite sure where this will end but I feel quite strongly about this, as a matter of fact.

On a tad more pleasant note, I'm very pleased that you had a chance to talk to Ricardo, even if what you learned was not "good news". We did have a wonderful outing to Whistler yesterday so sorry we couldn't "mule" anything for you. I'm sure we can probably do so at some point, in the not too, too distant future, should that be what you'd like.

Greg and I went for a fairly early ride this morning, leaving at 7:30 am, just when it was light enough. Took him out to UBC, Musqueam, etc., and gave him an overview of campus before heading back on University Blvd and then 8th for view of city. Stats fro ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/609204199#.VDc71aOFPE4.email

Sarge collected us around 11:00 am and we took off for a "tour", stopping at Chloë's loft and then out to Coquitlam to see where Kid Chelene and Beckster live. They, along with Avery, joined us for lunch at Earl's close to their place, after which we headed to Langley to do a spot of tasting at Township 7. Then on to Steveston to buy a lovely, wild, flash frozen Sockeye, caught near Alaska, by Tony Berger of Blue Comet Seafoods, at the wharf there. Back home where C/G went to explore more of GI while Cora Lee and I readied things for dinner. Coriandre did five, small, gluten-free, wonderful, wonderful pizzas, with various toppings for dinner.

Over meal we chatted about a possible bike trip C/G wish to organize in 2016, from Brittany to French/Spanish border near Biarritz. Something you might well be interested in with Jane! If she doesn't cycle, she and Cora Lee can drive support vehicle and set up camp at various "gites" along the way! More later but I think we are very, very interested.

C/G are off to Victoria, by seaplane, domani, at 8:45 am, for day, so I'll drop them off. Will collect them at 5:45 pm that afternoon as we are having friends from Melbourne, Kathleen and Steve, as well as Clan Sutherland for dinner. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment