Saturday 4 October 2014

Best Woman Birthday Host Blues: Saturday, October 4th!

No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true. -Nathaniel Hawthorne, writer (1804-1864) 


Preggoland

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your e-mail, and sorry for long silence since we enjoyed the stay at the Island Inn. Our German friends enjoyed the Inn. Daniela was particularly pleased with her new name that you provided. We couldn’t decide whether Desweila was the name of some eastern European hooker or a cleaning lady from Central America. 

[Patrick James Dunn Guess Sarge will be calling Avery "punkin'" now, instead of a term of great endearment for Flamin'! The "Other Woman" in his life!!!]
I trust you’re having a great time doing VIFF. Wish we could participate.

What’s your schedule Saturday? I’m driving down in the morning, attending 50 year West Van High reunion that night. Will drop off a some apples for you and the Sutherlands, probably about 2 PM. Cheers, Peter

 
Hi Johnny Appleseed! Patio door will be open, malt cabinet locked, around 2:00 pm, with guard dog Molly Mop so don't try to pull any heist capers to restock your own whisky collection, Nefarious Naramatian! Such a grand day yesterday, as mentioned, in last missive, with great ride that I, for sure, will certainly be around when you attempt to burglarize The Islay Inn. Mme Coriandre may be gad-flying about, but I'll pop down to see what Sarge and Flamin' are doing and let them know of your whirlwind visit. 

The four of us are off to the North Shore, (North Van in our case), ourselves, this evening, to celebrate Marvin's 30th. He and Nicole are just back from Hawaii, there for a week for their delayed honeymoon. Unfortunately, a few days ago he separated his shoulder when a 15' wave slammed him into the beach while boogie-boarding! The nightmare of being sucked out to sea at Sayulita rears its ugly head! Will need a few snorts befoer I lock cabinet, to calm my nerves!!!

Fondestos to The Abandoned Wife! See you soon! Cheers, Patrizzio, Jefe de Seguridad de licor, whisky de malta División!

PS: With respect to Daniela/Desweila. I thought for sure that she was a combo of both wild hooker/inept cleaning lady, given obvious disarray of The Islay Inn upon our return!


Those are such lovely pics thanks, o Gracie, as we say. Looking forward to seeing y'all. Love S

Gone over town with Bob and Heather. Be back at 4 PM.

Hi Sarge: I don't think Petros will be staying that long but I suppose it depends when he actually gets here. Will see you at 5:00 pm anyway. Cheers, Patrizzio!
10-4. Wayne

Hi again, Sid! Thanks for your suggestions.  I couldn't find For King and Country but I assumed you meant Queen and Country. I had looked at it in the VIFF guide and thought I'd like to see it so hope to do so, on Sunday morning. Thanks for letting me know what you thought. Showing conflicts with Riot Club so I'll have to wait to see if it returns, at some point, as I guess I'm far more "insensitive" than you, with your kinder, gentler soul! Not sure if our social schedule will alow me to get to Living is easy with Eyes Closed but certainly looks worthwhile for another time.
 

Haven't seen Preggoland but am hoping to catch it as it has been given an Added Screening, as you probably know. However, close friends, Claire/Greg, arrive on Monday, from Brisbane, and I don't know yet what our plans, (as alluded to above), for the coming week entail. So many films, so little time!

Must away as I hoping to see a couple of films today. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Yes, Queen and Country! Have a good day at VIFF.  I am taking my son to see the Bob Wier miniseries tonight at the Rio (6:45 p.m.). Best, Sid

Hi Sid! Just back from picking up tickets for Queen and Country so am pleased about that. We had to make a run to Costco so stopped off at Pacific Cinémathèque beforehand. Also managed to score two tickets to Preggoland, this coming Wednesday. Quite looking forward to seeing it as I've heard many good things about it.

The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir sounds more than fascinating so I'll be curious to hear what you thought. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Guys and Gals, We are now just on 24 hours from departure, we are packed and loaded with some meaty Australian Shiraz and a ridiculous gift you may find amusing.  We have your instructions and we are sure that we can stuff them up, our fall-back position is looking for a man with large scars down his chest or a man  wearing crocs in a Hawaiian shirt.

We are both looking forward to catching up and enjoying your city and surrounds all very exciting this end.  See you all tomorrow. (I still can’t quite get my head around leaving here at 1030 am and arriving in LAX 2 hours before we left on the same day we  feel like Dr Who in the Tardis) Cheers Greg and Claire 
Stephanie Larson Hi everyone, Just a reminder to call me and i'll come down to let you in. Reminder to park in the Save-On Foods parking lot so that Marvin won't recognize any of you cars. I also have underground visitor parking if needed. Call me if you have any questions

Pics: Marvin's 30th birthday party last night. He is married to Nicole, Flamin's/Sarge's daughter. N/M just returned from a week in Hawaii where Marvin, (Hence the frown, below!), separated his left shoulder after being slammed into the beach by a 15' wave, while attempting keep up with locals boogie boarding! Marvin's parents, Bella, Bert; Kid Chelene, Nicole's youngest brother, my Jenga opponent; concentration; group; Stephanie with Marvin. She was his Best Man at their wedding in May, in Mexico. 


No comments:

Post a Comment