Sunday 9 November 2014

Harbour Terrace Fire Alarm Blues: Sunday, November 9th!

Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity. -Albert Camus, writer and philosopher (1913-1960)


Chloe Alexis Dunn On Bowen for the next couple days relaxing and drinking!!

  • Patrick James Dunn And I always thought that "drinking" was "relaxing"! Have a grand time!
Hi Kathryn! Trust you are well! Just back from California, late Friday afternoon so didn't see your message until yesterday. If it is still possible to obtain two tickets, (for Cora Lee and myself), that would be lovely. If not, understand of course. At any rate, I will pop by the office on Monday to return our name tags. Coriandre was "swamped" so wasn't able to do so before Thursday last.

Thank you for the very kind words on the VWF card. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Chloe Alexis Dunn Carbonara!!! Yup that's right Bacon!! And Rhona is in charge!!!


P, thanks so much for the great trip -- all the organization, the driving, the kibitzing. Really enjoyed the riding and seeing some new countryside. I had been to Napa once but apart from that, everything outside of SF was new to me.


I am out at Ukiyo with Jane until at least Tuesday evening. May come to town that evening and stay for a few days. Have to be back here for meetings on the weekend. Let me know your schedule for later in the week, W

Hello Sterling Moss! Thanks for doing last bit of chauffeuring even though I'm still reeling from the effects of centrifugal force on the curves! Feel like a drunken sailor and the simile is an apt one! 

Was looking forward to sleeping in this morning but the fire alarm went off at  6:10 am! False alarm, actually a repeat of what heappened on Friday, just before I returned to The Islay Inn. Some sprinkler system malfunction. Poor Big Al! Only day he usually has to lie abed! Anyway, we all got up and I put on a pot of java and once Cora Lee and other Strata members dealt with firemen she came back to the apartmento. We visited for a while then Big Al went back to bed for an hour or so. Once he was up and showered Cora Lee made a delish breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon. Used the last of your salsa, from trip, and it was divine. Both Big Al and I are still breathing fire!

After breakfast Stanchion Man called Colleen to come to collect him. We had offered them a sideboard to use at their cabin. They were delighted to accept it. This way we now have vacation property on both Galiano and in the Sunshine Valley! Shortly before Colleen arrived, we moved the piece into the garage so didn't take long to load it into their truck. Brief hello and goodbye and they were off. Must away as now that there is room in our bedroom I am now being pressed into moving furniture around.

Great that you will be coming over the Salish Sea this coming week. Weather might even allow a ride! We are off to hear Alan Doyle on Thursday evening at Waterfront Theatre, here on GI. If Wednesday suits, we'd be delighted to invite you and Me Jane for a drink and/or dinner, depending on your druthers or busy schedules. I have your water bottle, the Grolsch empty and a bungee cord which you could collect then or whenever it suits. (Glasgow and I both forgot his olive oil in the car. I guess you hid it too well. Will call him as soon as I send this along.) Let me know and we'll plan accordingly.

Thanks again for the wonderful trip. You chaps are wonderful travelling companions, although rather hard on Il Conduttore, I must say. Coriandre's barbs now seem almost inconsequential, in comparison! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Dinner at the Islay Inn; sculpture Big Al worked on at Lonsdale Quay; malt being piped in.
I meant to ask you...did you get a chance to see Dinaw Mengestu?
I thought his "The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears' was a great book...just wondering out loud. Hope you are able to swim again one of these days. After my swim at Spieker this morning it's hard not to want friends to enjoy such paradisaical sweetness alongside.....Cactus

Hi Cactus and Donna Florida! Thanks again for such a wonderful stay. Have been trying to catch up ever since returning but still loads to do. To answer your question, in fact I did have the chance to see Dinaw Mengestu, but just by chance.  Glad you know about him! Thanks again for the wonderful trip. You folks are wonderful, wonderful hosts. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

I second Pat and say Nov 23rd or sometime in early December before the Christmas craziness begins. Speaking of Christmas (and malt), sorry those of a Scottish persuasion but the Japanese have taken the crown:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/05/japan-beats-scotland-to-win-worlds-best-whiskey-title/  VL
 
early December works better for me than the 23rd. for anyone with a VPL hold on the Aksyonov, I'll be returning the copy I have today. G 
I can make the Nov 16th date. After that, Dec 14th would work. Of course odds are that I won't have finished the book by the 16th ðŸ˜œ. Mark
[ ������Maui calls ...������] 8^) cheers, 

Hello Fans of Yamazaki Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013! So far, any Sunday, after and including, November 23rd, up to December 14th, is fine with me. Thanks for update on malt, Vittorino. Perhaps Santa will leave a bottle under our tree!

On a related matter, if anyone is interested in volunteering for Aunt Leah's Christmas Tree Lots please let me know and I'll put Chloë in touch with you. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Help Me!!! give me 4 hours of your life and you won't regret it!!! Preferably in Coquitlam or North Van!!!! if one of those locations is in your hood!! Call me.


Liebi Fründe, merci viiumau für die liebe Geburiwünsch!
Dear friends, thank you so much for all your lovely birthday wishes!
😙
  • Patrick James Dunn Happy Belated Birthday, Dearest Host Daughter! Congratulations and Fondestos from your Cruel Host Parents, Cora Lee and Patrizzio!
  • Nadienka Wyss Thank you so much Cruel Host Father and Dearest Host Mother I miss you both


 

No comments:

Post a Comment