Monday 12 January 2015

Clouds Giving Way to Some Sun Blues: Monday, January 12th!

People's memories are maybe the fuel they burn to stay alive. -Haruki Murakami, writer (b. 12 Jan 1949) 



 
To reason with poorly chosen words is like using a pair of scales with inaccurate weights. -André Maurois, author (1885-1967) 

Greetings: My friend Perry Kulak has write me your email address that you may be interested in the trips I am doing next year. I am sending you information about both trip. If you any question, kindly ask me. Have a beautiful winter day!
Katarina Kostarova
 

[Deviled Avocado Eggs – Mash 1 large avocado with 3 egg yolks. Add 1 tsp. cilantro, 3 tsp lime juice, 1 tbsp red onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with a sprinkle of chili or paprika]
 
Dear Pat and Corinne, Thank you very much for taking George and me to Perry's Vietnam gathering!! It was so nice to have you join us to share in Perry's enthusiasm for the country. I enjoyed meeting Victor and was glad he could join us as well. Thanks too for having us back to your place. I enjoy all our visits! Your home is so warm and inviting and the wine ain't bad as well😉

I hope you enjoy exploring Naramata and you see some lovely homes. Look forward to our next get together. We would love to have you over for dinner!! Hasta luego, George and Jane
 

P, Thanks for hosting yet again last night. Fun evening in spite of turn out.
Please let me know what dates in late February might work for you and I will float them by the unread. Have a good trip to Penticton and environs. W


Hi Perry! Thanks very much for contacting Katarina. I received a message from her this morning and she attached the itineraries for both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I've only taken a quick look but from what I've seen, I'm hooked! I'm thinking very seriously of signing up for both as I can't imagine a better way to see these countries at such an affordable price. At the moment, as mentioned on Saturday, we are still in the planning stages for India and I hope we will have a fairly accurate cost estimate in the next couple of months.

Once I have a better idea of financial commitment required I'll be better able to look at this marvellous bike trip, both from the perspective of timing and cost. Not sure if we mentioned it or not but we are right in the middle of "planning" to sell our place here in Vancouver to move to the Okanagan. To this end we are driving up to Naramata on Wednesday to take a look at properties there and in many of the surrounding communities. Our real estate agent here will show our place when we are away for three weeks or so, in Palm Desert and elsewhere in California, from the end of this month towards the middle of February.

As I'm sure you can well imagine, lots of factors and variables to contend with otherwise I think I would simply sign up with Katarina by return post! Your fascinating description of Viet Nam and other excursions fit with the type of travel I'm increasingly drawn towards so thanks again for providing me with the opportunity to realize such a holiday.

Thanks for mentioning Wanderung. George actually forwarded me the details for the cycle to Horseshoe Bay outing. As mentioned, we will be en route to Penticton, otherwise I may well have joined the group, space allowing. I, along with a number of other friends, enjoy that particular ride as well. Given that I probably won't have time to ride while we are looking at various properties, I decided I'd better log a couple of good rides today and tomorrow. Was a great day for cycling even though it was fairly overcast when I started out at close to noon. Decided I'd head for Stanley Park and followed a route that has evolved, over time, to give me 100 km on the clock by the time I'm back home. Route and stats for ride if interested:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/672407345#.VLSBxitZNMA.email


Even had a cheeky racoon looking quizzically at me as I circled the parking lot near Second Beach. He even managed to mooch a free lunch as a car stopped and driver threw him a sandwich. He was munching away on it, rather contentedly, on my second pass! 
  
Originally had planned to head out to Iona, via Spanish Banks and then Marine, once past campus. However, I was a tad concerned when I cleaned my chain, before setting out, that the derailleur was acting up, so I didn't want to have to send an SOS to my wife if I was "stranded" out past YVR. Thought I could probably limp home from SP if worst came to worst. Fortunately, no mechanical malfunctions although I plan to take my bike into Westpoint to have it serviced while we are up country. Again, thanks for everything. Trust Horseshoe Bay outing goes well. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

No problem. It was good to have you over.Good luck with your real estate ventures. Perry 

Hi JT! Trust you are well, Arizona Babe! Met with Dave last week and Cora Lee showed him The Loft today. Unfortunately, he managed to land a $150 ticket for turning off Powell onto Wall after 3:30 pm! Cora Lee is at a meeting but I'm sure she sends along her fond regards. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Dear Pat and Corinne, Thank you very much for taking George and me to Perry's Vietnam gathering!! It was so nice to have you join us to share in Perry's enthusiasm for the country. I enjoyed meeting Victor and was glad he could join us as well.

Thanks too for having us back to your place. I enjoy all our visits! Your home is so warm and inviting and the wine ain't bad as well😉  I hope you enjoy exploring Naramata and you see some lovely homes. Look forward to our next get together. We would love to have you over for dinner!! Hasta luego, George and Jane P,

Thanks for hosting yet again last night. Fun evening in spite of turn out. Please let me know what dates in late February might work for you and I will float them by the unread. Have a good trip to Penticton and environs. W


Hello Weasel Whirlygig and Calamity! Thanks for the lovely note, Cat Ballou. We'd love to come for dinner, preferably when The Galiano Gadfly is hunkered down at Ukiyo. He and his fellow unread compatriots managed to leave before paying the Piglet! Don't really mind as I've handed over collection to Cudgel Man. I'd start thinking about which knee-cap you value least, Alley Cat!

With respect to The NRBC, Cora Lee wants to be home by the 22nd of February, at the latest, so the 28th would be the earliest I would be able to attend.
Again, thanks for everything. Trust cheque's in the mail! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Thank you Patrick for your hospitality. Also following our conversation regarding danger of  Artificial Intelligence here is link to a current news item:

Hi Moe! Delighted to see you and thanks for the lovely biscuits. Cora Lee was most pleased that they happen to be gluten-free! Thanks also for the interesting article on AI. Perhaps we need a few robots to join our book club as they might be able to read the books which many of our human members don't seem able to do. Look forward to discussing Indian Summer when next we meet. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thank you Patrick, For hosting and 'island' related discussion and all for the good company. I realized that the book may turned out to be too specific.. So my apologies. Look forward to (non) reading the next. M

Hello Snowbirds! Trust you are both well, huddled around your fireplace! Congratulations to you and Birgitta, Dom Jugos, on your latest duplicate victory! Funnily enough, had a call from Byron this afternoon. I wasn't at home so didn't listen to message until just after 5:00 pm when I returned from my ride. He had invited me to join the two tables in North Van this evening and offered a ride over to boot. I had to decline as I hadn't even showered when I called him, [I gather he was just about to leave.], as well as having scads of things to do before we head up to The Naramata. Anyway, he said he would add me to the list so perhaps I'll have a chance to see the lads again.


We already have an appointment with real estate agent, (Gil Szabo), in Penticton, at his office, at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, so hope highways are clear, not to mention the lasting snow cover you mention! Hope to have Clan Durston ready to roll by 8:30 am!

Cora Lee was at a church meeting earlier this evening and we watched Downton Abbey once she was back. Hosted my book club last night so we couldn't watch it then. She sends along her fond regards. Cheers, Patrizzio!  


Hi Misha! Delighted to see you and thanks for the lovely chocolate and wine. Most generous. Please don't apologize for the choice of book. I am very, very pleased to have had the opportunity to be exposed to this fascinating work. My own ignorance of Russian history/politics/literature, etc., was the stumbling block, not Vasily's. One of the most worthwhile aspects of the club is that one is forced to "stretch" one's mind around works that are challenging. Thank you, again, for suggesting it.

Also enjoyed the spirited discussion on AI and enjoyed the article Moe provided. Thanks again. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Patrizzio would you be available for bridge tonite Starting around 5:30 for pickup Cheers Byron 

Hi Polly and Mick, [and Digitale/Fingare, it goes without saying]! Trust packing is going well! Had a call from Mike Oliver today and he'd like Ricardo to play with him in a tournament, shortly, if he's 70! Can you let me know if you have time with all that leaving on Wednesday has heaped on your plates! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Dear Corinne, Greetings from Luxe India!! This has reference to email by Mr. Vishal Mehra. Enclosed please find the Detailed programme with the rate card for your travel to India. Kindly note we have given supplement for the cooking demo in goa and given brief description in the itinerary. Please do let us know if you require any further information. Thanking You. Best regards,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment