Saturday 3 January 2015

Marps Snow Drift Blues: Saturday, January 3rd!

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992) 


Patrick James Dunn A woman is a dangerous creature. A well-read woman is a lethal weapon!
Hello Fellow Argonauts! Just a quick note to thank everyone for the more than wonderful gathering! Appetizers and dinner itself were über delicious so thanks especially to Ellie and Bob. Terrific to have a chance to visit and catch-up on busy lives, especially given Jane's recent move.

Hope we have a chance to see you and Jane, Kjell, before you fly back to Sweden. Let us know what might work for you two before your departure and we'll plan accordingly.

As you can tell, I've included Zircon and Jan in message. Trust you two are both well. Healthy New Year to our favourite Calgarian and Medicine Mad Hatter! Fondestos to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Greek festivities!


Happy New Year from winter country--in this case Lethbridge where I am celebrating 50 yr. marriage of my former college roommate--Terry Shillington and Mary. Terry and were born in the same hospital in the same month and ordained the same day.  I must resume being a good guest.  Love to all.

Hi Zircon! Great to hear from you. We'd love you to be a guest, good or otherwise, anytime! Always need another bridge player. Had a wonderful evening, week ago this past Saturday with O Susannah/Champagne Charlie, (hosts), along with The Penguin and Gladys Knight and the Pips. Mme Coriandre was high scorer with 2,800 points! The Penguin and Gladys Knight and the Pips will come to our place, on Friday, along with Polly and Mick Carter, for another two tables. Just the four of us on New Year's Eve so have been playing quite a bit of bridge of late. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge and more bridge!

Hi, Thanks for attachments from the argonaut photo session. Very good results! I think your camera has a bigger sensor as the shots in low light were very convincing, which really matters to me too. Size counts, as it sometimes said.
regards, bob


Hi Patrizzio, First, we agree it was a very nice gathering yesterday. Second, the time we have vacant in our schedule before Wednesday is tomorrow, Sunday, any time. Bestestos and Fondestos, Marcello & Gianna PS Thank you for the nice pics! 

Hola Patricio, I invited myself to join the old bridge boys on Monday night - they're playing at Roger Nendick's place in Horseshoe Bay. The group is one short to make up two tables of duplicate. Are you available to fill in? It will be a fun night, they're having their annual prize-giving and Roger will cook a nice dinner. I'm going to stay with Byron and Anne down the Creek from you so you can ride with us. Let me know - it would be great to see you. Cheers, Peter 

Hello Jugos Dom Pedro! Do you think there is enough room in the Duplicate Valley for the two of us? I'm delighted to join the gathering BUT in spite of my double-dealing, (so to speak), duplicate upset, (more luck than good management), on the cruise around The Horn in 2008, with Sarge, I remain but a raw recruit for the fierce trenches of the Duplicate Wars. I'm happy to serve as cannon fodder but my unfortunate partner may well wish me court-marshaled and forced to drink hemlock infused malt! At any rate, let me know what time to be ready "to go over the top" and I'll be ready and waiting, knees knocking, hands trembling and throat dry! Cheers, We Who are about to Overbid, Salute You, Patrizzio, About to Fall on the Jagged Neck of a Shattered, Emptied Malt Bottle!

PS: First load of "stuff" to be moved to storage a storage place on 3rd and Pine so not too, too far to mule possessions. Cora Lee is now in full "sell mode"! Pics: Preemptive Bridge on New Year's Eve! 


Roger, Patrick is on for our 8th to make up two tables. However there is a major snowstorm happening in the Interior right now so my braving the passes may be in doubt. I'll check in the morning whether the roads are good enough and will advise. Cheers, Peter


Hi Patricio, You don't need to be so humble about your bridge prowess. You're just as good as these guys. The main trick is to stay relatively sober so you don't have to go for the hail Mary grand slams or be taunted into unnecessary redoubles. Hopefully I'll make it tomorrow - Lynne will be pressing me to be sensible and not try the drive but I'll wait for the road report.

Looks good for mick and me. Let me know what to bring. Polly

Hi Polly! Great that you can join us. The Penguin and Gladys Knight and the Pips will arrive around 4:40 pm so please come around the same time if your busy schedules allow. A salad would be much appreciated if that is fine with you. There will be eight of us. Look forward to catching up and having opening points! I've been invited to play duplicate, in Horseshoe Bay, Monday evening. I'm a tad worried about location as I'm afeared I might be dropped off the ferry dock if my bidding isn't up to snuff! See you on Friday, if I survive! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/665360963#.VKmJnGtRoz0.email

No comments:

Post a Comment