Friday 2 January 2015

Snobby Bobby Blues: Friday, January 2nd!

Men ever had, and ever will have leave, / To coin new words well suited to the age, / Words are like leaves, some wither every year, / And every year a younger race succeeds. -Horace, poet and satirist (65-8 BCE) 


Hi again, Janet! You are too, too complimentary about my poor scribing efforts but nonetheless, I do appreciate your very kind words!

Not trying to push the two of you into bridge but we are quite flexible about date. If Friday, January 9th, is a possibility, then we are more than happy to reschedule. Thursday evening, January 8th is also free for us. If you are able/interested, we can start reasonably early so that you will not have a late night, particularly if gathering should take place on Friday. Anyway, let us know as everyone would certainly like to attend another performance of Gladys Knight and the Pips!

With respect to riding, I encourage you to cycle, at least if it's dry. Had another, shorter, ride yesterday and it was actually quite warm so most pleasant. My regular jaunt out to UBC and around campus. Quite a bit of traffic along Spanish Banks as many people were enjoying the lovely day for a walk on the beach. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/662196887#.VKYsO78SZ8U.email

That being said, I will probably head over to use elliptical at FCCC after I run a few errands. Forecast is for some showers later so I don't think I'll have time for a ride beforehand. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

FCCC elliptizer for 1037 calorifics over 70 minuten and 3.37 milos

Hello Patrick, the event planner. Yes, mom and I would love to come on Friday - on the earlier side would be preferred (probably more for me than mom :-)
I am home from work early (330) so name the time and we will arrive. Let me know what I can bring besides wine. Yes, today is a drizzly day. I ran 16km this morning and almost missed the rain...Janet


Hi Janet! Great that Friday, January 9th works for you! Given when you finish work would any time after 4:40 pm work for you? Or else simply come when you think it won't be too rushed. Just let me know when you might expect to arrive. The sooner the better. We can have more rounds of bridge before eating, that way. In addition, we will have a parking spot inside so you can phone just a minute or so away and someone will come out to let you into the parkade.

Your divine cheese biscuits and hot jelly were a smash hit so if you'd like to bring those that would be marvellous!

Nice run indeed! I did and hour at FCCC on elliptical with 10 minutes for a cool down so I was pleased with my workout even if it was only half of what I've been doing of late, there. Just after I sent first message it came down fairly steadily here so I was glad that I hadn't tried to beat forecast. Obviously, from what you mentioned, you were not quite so fortunate! Anyway, better wet that no exercise as we obsessives say!

No rush so let us know what time works for you both and we'll take it from there. Hello to my favourite pop rock star/group! Cheers, Patrizzio!

440 would work😊. Biscuits and jelly will be in hand along with a wee Bit of wine
Janet aka the penguin (that seems so long ago now) J

Hi Long Ago Penguin! Funnily enough, just listened to a wonderful account of Shackleton's Antarctic exploits the other day on CBC so The Penguin is still au courant! The Carters will be joining us so we can re-live our doubles glory years! See you on Friday. Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi All, Happy New Year, How about 5:30 pm today. The lamb should be coming out of the oven a little while later. See you then, bob 
 
Hi Pat, Your message must have caught me when i was off in Distractia so a very tardy response. I will check out the VPL and put a hold on the movie 1,000 Times Goodnight. Vancity is too awkward to get to often, but when i go it is usually with good results and with someone and a dinner nearby.

Ellie is out. She has done a forensic inventory of the kitchen and alas no trace of potatoes. Pine nuts and flat leaf parsley are missing in the pantry too. The halal lamb,from across the waters in Turkey (actually Pitt Meadows), will be lonely without its companions. Fortunately hummous and eggplant dip are made.

How will we replicate the sylvan views from a taverna patio on Naxos, when we are stuck in the darn condo and dirty weather is bearing down on us, from two directions? Ariadne and her friend, the life of the party, Bacchus that is, express regrets but they have a prior engagement. bye for now, bob

Hi, Patrick: This is a quick note to let you know that I literally squealed for joy on viewing the preview of the hedgehog Christmas picture that you sent!!!!

I hope we can set up an India night soon -- I am looking forward to that!     I am off every Sunday and Monday, so those evenings are best.  Also, alternate Saturdays, when I am not working.  After tomorrow, the first such in 2015 is Saturday, January 17th.    (On Saturdays that I do work, I tend to savour the prospect of a quiet evening at home!)

Walked to Mum's and back yesterday, which I don't usually do.  But it was sunny and I do want to start making those incremental changes you recommended. Busy day, must run. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Janet 


Hi Patrizio, You truly are amazing with your biking adventures! For sure, we are on for Rosie’s 90th on the 24th. What can we bring? Charles in Charge

happy new year patrick. thank you for the brilliant christmas card. a great time was had in Barbados. jet lagged now even for a retiree. love to everyone; matt


No comments:

Post a Comment