Tuesday 6 January 2015

Swedish Twins Bye Bye Blues: Tuesday, January 6th!

He who listens to truth is not less than he who utters truth. -Kahlil Gibran, poet and artist (6 Jan 1883-1931) 


Peter, A great shame but other occasions will present themselves.
Patrick, I would say "come anyway", but 7 is a tough number of players?
Roger Patrick,My apologies, we could have had a game for you. We ended up with 7 and my wife had to make an 8th, much against her wishes. Roger


Hi Roger et al! Not to worry. While I certainly would have enjoyed the bridge and company I understand how these things work. My wife sends sympathies to your wife as she has been commandeered at various times, very much against her wishes, particularly when she is partnered with Peter! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pat, Corinne, Ayn & Chloe, Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's Eve! I went to Germany for Christmas & New Year's. Tried to catch you Ayn before I left-did you receive my message?
 

Christmas was wonderful celebrating at my Mom's with Tommy, Min & little Edi, as well as my aunt & Cousin's. I am now back, recovering from a cold and job hunting and generally catching up with all. Henning is sailing on his way to Thailand. Have you emailed him lately? I'm sure he would love to hear from you very much- especially while sailing alone and trying to stay awake. Big hug, Laura PS: Photos attached.

Hi Laura and Henning! Welcome home and safe sailing, Henning! Pleased to learn that you had such a wonderful time in Germany, Laura. Thanks for the lovely pictures. For my part, I didn't receive or know about your message. Was a busy time so not sure what was going on. For our part, we enjoyed a wonderful time, both over Christmas, then during "betwixtness" and finally New Year's and beyond.
 

Hope we can have a chance to see you, Laura, in the not too, too distant future. Fondestos from Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio What, no, you are moving to Galiano Island?? You can’t! Why? What are us kids doing with you so far away :( I’m gutted...Hi Laura! The Naramata, The Naramata! No ferries, just endless vineyards! Cheers, Patrizzio! I guess we have to take road trips to you then...Perfect solution! Cheers, Trizzio! Really wish you would stay though:(
Hi again Laura! Appreciate your affection. Nothing is settled yet as there are many factors to resolve. Will let you know when we know more, particualrly after our visit to the Okanagan next week to look at properties. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Gayle and Derek! Welcome home to the Rich and Famous! Marvelous pics of cruise. Must apologize for tardy response but has been, and continues to be a busy time here. Obviously, loads to tell so hope to fill you in on more details in the not too, too distant future. Fondestos from Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Moe! Trust you are well. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hola mi amigos! Perry can meet us at the distillery on Saturday too. Just need to confirm location and time. If there is Wifi he will chat about a few photos. Hope you all have a brilliant Tuesday. Hasta luego, Jane  

Hi Kids! The Long Table Distillery is at 1451 Hornby Street, just a block or so north of the Aquabus dock. The phone # is 604-266-0177. I'm sure we could have access to WiFi. If not we can pop by our place after we hit Liberty Distillery, (1494 Old Bridge Street, GI,604-558-1998), on way back to confession at the Malt Chapel! Giggage had suggested 1:00pm or 2:00pm so you people decide when and where and we'll plan accordingly! Cheers, Unrepentant Patrizzio!

Pics: Luncheon with the Swedish Twins; Vittorino was born in the year of The Rooster. Patrizzio and I are both Saggitarians!

wow big news in deed .it looks like it is wine tasting in the okanagan goodbye sanoma in sept.if i can be of any help please let me know. maybe try sometime this w/e for a get together /matt

Hi Glasgow! Have already registered for the Penticton Granfondo, July 12th! You can come up and train with me beforehand so that we'll spit on the hills in Amador next September. Still need to keep up the California connections, all the better to do house exchanges!

With respect to getting together we are planning to meet up with Whirlygig and his amore, Jane, at The Long Table Distillery. You and Catherine are more than welcome to join us. If you are interested in joining the progressive tasting why not come by earlier and we can chat for a bit before getting too silly! Thanks for the offer of help with move, I infer. At the moment I need to empty the Malt Cabinet so need some serious imbibers! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Kids! Great to see you both today, Lads! Thanks for the wonderful pastries. Have included a snap of Kjell, Patrizzio The Younger, in order to make identification easier! Hope you two can connect. You'll be able to gossip all the way to London!

If free and/or interested, Vittorino, we will be going to the The Long Table Distillery on Saturday to meet up with Whirlygig and Cat Ballou. Let us know what you think and we'll plan accordingly! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: The Year of The Rooster vs The Saggitarians!


Hi Lawrence! Delighted to bump into you this evening. Really pleased that we were able to see this remarkable film. Very, very powerful and often emotionally wrenching, yet never sentimental or maudlin.  So well drawn were all the characters, so superbly acted, so well paced that I, for one, felt almost mesmerized myself, let alone Jane or the baboon! Quite a meditation on life and love in such an unlikely situation/setting. Regards to Liora. Trust we'll see you again in the not too, too distant future. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Ciao Patrizzio, Thanks for the picture, I fully identify with your description of the film. I was inspired. Wish we had been able to have a more detailed discussion about the movie. In the next few days I will try to translate his poem “Skoppensboer” which I suspect is a reponse to the death of his wife, and the sentiment of the poem probably describes the tainted joys he experienced for the rest of his life. The first line of the poem encapsulates what I am referring to:

’n Druppel gal in die soutste wyn. (A drop of gall in the sweetest wine) "Skoppensboer" refers to what we call "The Grim Reaper." More later, Regards, Lawrence

Hi Palacio Patrizio, Surely you jest about the bridge, right? If you are serious about it that’s OK, but I think I am off the hook re: prizes, right? You’ll have more than enough junk to give away as you continue to clean out your abode. CC (Chuckie Cheese)

Hola companeros de copas😉 Perry has just said we are all welcome to his place in North Van (near sea bus terminal) as well. I sent him your last message Pat with details, (thank you) of our plans and said I would see what everyone would like to do.


Jane I think he said we should decide. I would prefer to do it at my house because then I know I can get my equipment working properly, connected to the cloud etc. 


I will do snackies and wine and beer etc. so it can be a bit of a social as well. I also have some books here on Vietnam that they may be interested in seeing. One of them is the Lonely Planet Guide to Cycling in South East Asia which is now worth over $100 because they did not reprint. I know because that is what I had to pay for it. I have a photocopier here so they could photocopy any of the sections they want to use. How does that sound? If you or anyone needs a ride from the seabus or where ever I can always pick you up. Perry

Hi George, Pat and Corinne, I am sorry the plans seem to have morphed a bit, but here are Perry's thoughts. I guess we could try out the distillery another day. He lives near Lion's Gate not the sea bus. Jane P, you guys in for the trip to North Van -- I hope? W

Hi Palacio Patrizio, Surely you jest about the bridge, right? If you are serious about it that’s OK, but I think I am off the hook re: prizes, right? You’ll have more than enough junk to give away as you continue to clean out your abode.
CC (Chuckie Cheese)






No comments:

Post a Comment