Saturday 21 February 2015

I-5 Return to The Islay Inn Blues; Saturday, February 21st!

 Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. -Piet Hein, poet and scientist (1905-1996

Up at 7:00 am to have a quick shower and then upstairs to start loading TG. Marilyn came into the kitchen to put on a pot of java before taking her shower and by the time she was back I had loaded most of what we had taken in the evening before. Michaelo and Mme Coriandre appeared a bit later and we sat down to wonderful blueberry pancakes, (for those able to eat such fare), and Jimmy Dean Sage sausage with jalapeno mustard for me! What I needed to set me up for drive home. Thanking our wonderful hosts, we waved goodbye just after 9:00 pm and aside from a bit of a jam just before Tacoma and then one before the Express Lanes in Seattle, the traffic moved well and we were at the border by 2:30 pm. Hardly a few minutes to wait and officer didn't even ask us if we had any hootch aboard, (six bottles but that amount usually doesn't cause problems), and we were back on Canadian soil.

Once we'd unloaded everything, I took my Trek in to Westpoint as I wanted it checked out before I rode it for any distance. Did a bit of shopping at Young Brother's on way home and by the time I was back it was just after 6:30 pm and we'd been invited for dinner at the Annexe. Had a lovely meal, (pork loin, roasted potatoes, turnip puff and mixed green salad), with Clara and Dusty and caught up with their lives while relating events of our travels. Back home to put away a few belongings and then we watched latest episodes of Downton and Granchester before making for bed.
I can host on Monday. Who’s available? Can we raise four? Clive
I am at the theatre on Monday night. Wayne I'm away - in Blighty! David Sorry. Can't make it. 

Hi Clive et al: Just back, an hour or so ago. I gather Sarge cannot play. I am still pleased to host but do we have four players? Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick: If you want to host, go for it...I’ll leave it til next week or the week after Clive Hi Patrick: I am also available for Monday bridge; would you forward your address and phone number to me. See you Monday at 6:00PM Regards: David

Hello Lads: We live on Lamey's Mill Road. I have attached directions. Still not sure how many players we will have, four/five/more? At any rate, look forward to seeing everyone around 6:00 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! I am in Cheers Byron
Patrick It seems so - Clive, Byron, Big Mac , and Patrizzio Cheers Byron Hello Three Bridgers! See you on Monday. Cheers, Parizzio!

Hi Sara and Andrea: Trust you are both well. We just returned about an hour ago and I thought I would send this along, by way, of explanation, as background to the rather nasty tumble off my bike , a week ago, yesterday, in Palm Desert. As soon as I send this I'm going to bring in my Trek to be looked at whenever you can fit that in. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, good to hear from you with the good news that you are still alive and kicking after that unfortunate spill. You know, I may start believing Dave when he says that all exercising eventually leads to injury (a good excuse to remain sedentary, huh?). 

I hope you are functionally well and are on the mend. Sounds like quite a nasty fall. It's too bad that stopping by didn't work out, but of course we understand the urgency to get back home to deal with the offers on your apartment. I hope that you accepted a good offer and are already in escrow. This will however mean that you will have to look in earnest for a place to move to. I'd say you have your work cut out for you over the next few months - "fun" work though! Keep us updated. Pat 

Hello Just wanted to share this with you. Please contribute if you can. Cheers Jo-Anne                             Dear Family and Friends, My daughter, Johannah, has prepared this lovely website tribute for Pamela. Please "subscribe" so you can enjoy the gallery, sign the guest book, and share your memories and tributes:

http://www.never-gone.com/Memorials/Default.aspx?m=eWo0NGhiSjFG1FlHrg97/g%3d%3d

Thank you so much. Mom and I will treasure your contributions. Karen 


Hi from Gilbert, OMG I was at the Joshua Tree National Park and did the hike to Hidden Valley on Tues this week, it would have been awesome to bump into you. Found it absolutely awesome. I spent 5 days in Palm Springs and I'm now back in Gilbert. Hope all is well and take care on that bike!!! Hi to all. lv. Joanne. 

Hi Gilbert Sun Worshipper! Trust all goes well with you JT! I thought it was you sneaking behind one of the large Cholla cactii in Joshua Tree! Fondestos from Cora Lee to you, Darlin'! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment