Saturday 14 March 2015

DL's Marquis Blues: Saturday, March 14th!

'I am ashamed of my emptiness,'/ said the Word to the Work. / 'I know how poor I am when I see you,' said the Work to the Word. -Rabindranath Tagore, poet, philosopher, author, songwriter, painter, educator, composer, Nobel laureate (1861-1941) 

There is a serious drinker! Name of new white wine winery in Naramata (high side of main road) is Terravista (Figaro & Fandango). Cheers, Bill.
Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company. -George 
 Gordon Byron, poet (1788-1824)

Chloe Alexis Dunn Look at this cute couple...90 years old and coming up to there 70th wedding anniversary!! My grandparents are amazing and look at the cherry blossoms!

Ayn P, Pierre Prince, Alex Prince you have to go!!! They are playing the Mint in LA, saw them last night they were on fire!!! Check the dates!!! Patrick James Dunn Winston already has tickets!

Hi Dom Marcello and Salish Sea Woman! Thanks again for your congratulatory wishes. Much appreciated and much to accomplish before then, on many fronts, so won't have time for any thumb twiddling! Trust all goes well with you two. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Great workout on elliptical, 1062 calorifics over 70 minutes for 3.40 miles and 14,062' climbed. Should have joined us at Long Table this afternoon, on way back from Marquis! Even stopped at Liberty afterwards, as Wild Bill had not been to distillery before. No tasting, unfortunately, just a look about!

Pics: Some of the snaps I shot Wednesday evening. I took Aquabus to Science World and then walked to SFU's downtown campus to take in a film. Yesterday, flowers near entrance to GI; sculpture during the day, near Olympic Village.

Hi Pat Just a quick note. On my way to the market, which ends at noon.
Congratulations on the purchase of your new home! It sounds terrific and will be a magnet for guests! Must rush off now. To market, to market. ....Jane


Hello Off to Market Woman! Hope you were in time to buy what you wanted or needed. Thanks for your best wishes on our new place. Will be delighted to have "magnet" guests. Will insist that such individuals bring a fridge magnet in order to stay! Trust all continues to go well with Island Life. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Cherry Blossom Couple; David, pouring wine from bottles from his own cellar, Wild Bill.

Thanks for the notification, when I'm in Penticton I'll look you up. That will be mid June. Kath and I travelling together for two weeks, then she returns to teach later in June while I stay on. I want to visit you, and Gregg and Francesca too. Ideally I would come to you late June for a few days, then on to Garry's place in Wetaskiwin travelling on the bus. Lets know if that will work for you.

We're generating 6.5 kilowatts of electricity from the roof as I write, enough to fly us to YVR in modest comfort. We're both well. Finished the bungalow a few weeks ago, everything works and its comfortable. Coming down? Love to all. S. 


Hello Kilowatt People and Offspring! Thanks for your update on bungalow. Sounds as if you have done a very nice job. Like the news about solar panels, I assume. Funnily enough, I am hoping, at some point, in the not too, too distant future, to build a carport next to garage and put solar panels on that roof, maybe more on house roof, depending on what is feasible.

Would be delighted to have everyone visit. Plenty of room. Does sleeping on boxes of books sound appealing? Actually, we'll have plenty of rooms and beds, so "no worries" as you folk say! However, need to coordinate dates inasmuch as we are heading to Manitoba for Rosita's and Dusty's 70th wedding anniversary on June 19th. Has not yet been decided when we will leave but since we are driving, (taking some of their small possessions from the Annexe, to be vacated at the end of April), I assume a few days beforehand. I don't imagine we will stay more than a week so we could plan to collect you in Wetaskiwin on return leg, should that work. Again, departure/return dates are reasonably flexible so we would definitely try to tailor them to ensure we can connect. Let us know what your itinerary looks like and we'll plan accordingly.

Lynne and Peter will de delighted to hear of your visit. We spent a grand week with them in Palm Desert, mid February. (Saw Ayn and Los Horridos in Tinsel Town, coming and going. Ayn adopted a "senior" Jack Russell, rescue dog, Winston, first weekend we were there. Lovely pooch. Celebrated Pierre's 26th as well.) They are driving home, as I scribe, to arrive back in Naramata tomorrow, all going well. Unfortunately, no plans to visit Australia in near future as we are off to India with them, this October, for six weeks, returning December 10th. The Millionaires are back from Hawaii shortly, I believe. Flamin' and Sarge spent a week with them this past February and two last November. Parksville People will be pleased to learn of your visit. F/S are in the Okanagan this weekend, looking at recreational property. We had planned to join them but when we found he house we did, no real need to return.


Rainy Saturday today so headed over to FCCC gym to use the elliptical machina (1040 calorifics over 70 minuten, 3.4 miles and climbage of 14,062'), before joining close friend, Wild Bill, at a farewell party for long-time employee, David Lancelot, at Marquis Wines, on Davie. William drove here and then we, (Cora Lee was walking with friend, Robyn), took Aquabus to Hornby and then strolled to store, stopping, en route, at Long Table. William had not been before and I wanted to introduce him to Charles, the owner. Said we would be back after event at Marquis.

Had a lovely time there, visiting with David and other staff. Lovely spread of tasty appetizers so we munched and sipped our way through about 15 bottles of older vintages, (red, white and dessert), from David's own cellar. Wild Bill had a dinner engagement that evening so bade David farewell around 4:00 pm and walked back to Long Table. Billy Boy bought me a G/T and he had a tasty ginger-beer. Wanted a few snorts of their wonderful distillations, one being Långbord Akvavit, 42%, but Wild Bill demurred!

Back on Aquabus and once on GI we strolled past Liberty Distillery so that Wiliam coul dhave a look, never having been there either. Once again, I tried to strong-arm him into a tasting but he was resolute, wisely so, as he had a fair bit of driving ahead of him that evening. Took him to his car adn let him out of parkade, thanking him for more than pleasant afternoon. Back inside to enjoy overlefts from Friday's dinner while we watched three or more episodes of The Killing.

Trust all continues to go well with The Old Oakites and the ex-pats. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre, I'm sure, even though she is already abed! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Sarge! Trust your property hunting weekend went well. When are you back? Are you on for bridge on Monday? Will be at Byron's place so we can walk over. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio. PS: Stefano and Kathleen will be here, mid-June or thereabouts.

Patrick James Dunn How were your Boom Booms? Chloe Alexis Dunn Fantastic!!!! Patrick James Dunn Pleased to hear it! How are your aches and pains? Chloe Alexis Dunn I'm sore and stiff today last night I think gin helpedPatrick James Dunn Should have joined us at Long Table this afternoon, on way back from Marquis! Even stopped at Liberty afterwards, as Wild Bill had not been to distillery before. No tasting, unfortunately, just a look about! Chloe Alexis Dunn Too bad you didn't get me any gin, I'm all out!! Patrick James Dunn That's what happens to people who can't spell!

Hello Corinne and Pat, Thank you for the card.  It does help to receive kind words from friends.  Here is a picture of my Dad, probably 25 years ago.  No photo-shopping then, that truly was a big fish!! Sara


Hi No Photo-Shop Woman! What a wonderful picture of your Dad and his monster fish! It's almost as big as he is. Reminds me of the time I caught my first fish, (a large jack-fish, [though dwarfed, in comparison by your Dad's magnificent Lake Trout, I assume], at Red Lake, Northern Ontario. I'll have to see if I can find the original B/W snap, taken by my uncle, and scan it so that I can send it along, at some point. I was a freckle-faced kid just going in to Grade 7.

I can certainly see you in your Dad's face. Have attached a couple of snaps of my Mom and Dad on the occasion of their 10th wedding anniversary, in Cyprus. I believe I was left in the care of our Cypriot maid, Anna, at the time, over the course of that weekend.
Trust you are doing better each day. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre! Cheers, Patrizzio Pics: Cherry Blossom Couple taken by Chloë when on a walk with her grandparents this past Friday; David, pouring wine from bottles from his own cellar, Wild Bill. My parents' 10th Wedding Anniversary.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment