Friday 13 March 2015

Triskaidekaphobia Blues: Friday, March 13th!

Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life. -Giorgos Seferis, writer, diplomat, Nobel laureate (13 Mar 1900-1971)
 
The Thirteen Club was formed in 1882. Civil War vet Captain William Fowler set out to debunk the myth that 13 is a “bad” number. He had fought in 13 major battles; had to retire from combat on August 13, 1863; and purchased a cottage on the 13th of the month shortly thereafter. His fascination with the prime number resulted in a gathering of 13 men on Friday, January 13, at 7:13 p.m. The group walked under a ladder to get to their seats at the dinner table and then insisted on spilling salt without throwing some over their shoulders. They sat down to forks crossed in an “x” and dined under a red banner that said “Morituri Te Salutamus,” or “We who are about to die salute you.” It would appear that none of them had any trouble living over the next 12 months.

Hi all, tks. for the update and pictures. I don't like you leaving.. It will be very strange without you!!! No baby yet past due date which was yesterday! I'm excited to hold this new little one but getting very ready to come home. Take care and looking forward to seeing you. Joanne.  

Seen it (the realtor's ad)!! Plan on spending quite a few weeks there in the summer, hélas too late to be muling.   No, seriously, how exciting! As you know, Penticton, and the whole of the Okanagan, was always one of our absolute favorites. Buona fortuna to both of you!! Marcello 

On Friday I had a meeting with VWF at 2:00 pm, at Festivval House on GI, so wanted to go for my ride beforehand. Simply gorgeous day and if I'd not committed to meeting I would probably have gone for a 100+ km jaunt. Not to be so a 11:00 am departure to dipsy-doodle around Olympic Village and then Seawall to Granville Bridge to return, for needed distance, to Kits Point and then Point Grey to Brock House. Homeward bound, with dipsy-doodles, as needed! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/718725708#.VQNmw_rBxJQ.email

Quick shower and change and then met with Hal Wake and Ann McDonell, as they wanted to ask me if I would be prepared to play a major part in a new project they are considering. Basically  it involves asking Volunteers to contribute money as well as time. Have to think carefully about my involvement, given timing, move, etc. Anyway, now that I know what is expected, more or less, will ponder over weekend and let them know this coming week. 

Once back home I suited up again. Had to collect my car from Coastal Ford, (in for a regular service appointment), off Terminal. Stopped at Costco befoer hand as we needed a few small items that would fit into my knapsack. Then on to Coastal to collect Titanium Green. Put Brodie on bike rack and was home just after 5:00 pm. Stats for errando to Costco and Coastal. No Garmin in packet so manual stats: 9.31 km over 0:32'48 for an AVG of 17.0 kpr.

Found Mme Coriandre busy making pizza for dinner. Clarisse and Dusty came over and we played bridge before and after enjoying divine pizza pies, singing theme from Moonstruck at the top of our lungs! With respect to bridge, Clarisse and I came out ahead so we evened the score after Thursday's defeat by Father/Daughter team! More watching of The Killing before retiring to bed to read before turning out the lights.

Hi Patrick, Jacquie Lawson says that I have a card from you, but my message was empty. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe something wrong on my end. Not sure. Cheers anyway! Pat

Hi Patrizzia and Enólogo Gruñón! I resent Jacquie's card. Not sure what you did but you need to wait until the ladybug stops moving before clicking on the envelope. At any rate, here is the text of the message in case there really is a glitch. As you might expect, we are quite chuffed with our new home. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Charred towel! Flowers near entrance to GI; sculpture during the day, near Olympic Village.

Hi all, tks. for the update and pictures. I don't like you leaving.. It will be very strange without you!!! No baby yet past due date which was yesterday! I'm excited to hold this new little one but getting very ready to come home. Take care and looking forward to seeing you. Joanne.  
Hi JT! Any news on baby front? I see that you have not viewed the Jacquie Lawson card I sent along. As you might expect, we are quite chuffed with our new home, although sad to leave such good friends as you, JT, it goes without saying. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Cherry Blossom Couple taken by Chloë when on a walk with her grandparents and Mme Coriandre this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment