Thursday 9 April 2015

Economy Barbershop Blues: Thursday, April 9th!

Bad weather always looks worse through a window. -Tom Lehrer, singer-songwriter and mathematician (b. 9 Apr 1928)


Hi Thanks for the card! How was the last Easter Egg hunt? I booked a flight to Vancouver on June 2nd and totally forgot you will be gone! I am so sad!
I am only in Vancouver for the week, will you still be around? I am still in St Martens and loving the warm weather! Good luck with the move! Adios Amigo Rhoda alias ski 


Hi Sun Worshippers, Ski and The Great Ronaldo! Great to hear that all goes well in St Maarten! How's plane spotting? With respect to your travel plans dovetailing with our departure from the Islay Inn, looks like we won't connect on this trip unless you make a whirlwind tour to Penticton! We will be leaving on the morning of May 29th to take possession, that same day, of 611 Burns Street! If you, and Dinao or others, are able to come up to Penticton while visiting Lower Mainland you are most welcome. However, I realize that you may well have too, too  family commitments once you arrive in Vancouver. At any rate, let us know what you think and we'll plan accordingly.


We enjoyed a lovely extended Easter weekend. Grog and Lurch were in town from Sunday until yesterday. They were to stay with Flamin' and Sarge but Lurch had a bad cold so thought it best to stay at GI Hotel. They took us out to The French Table, on Main and about 23rd, on Tuesday evening. Superb food and three bottles of some pretty pricey Chateauneuf-du-Pape! My choice for main was sauteed calf liver, chopped bacon, onion and parsley with butter! (Lurch ordered the same dish and I just devoured the doggy-bag overlefts for this morn's brunch!)

Big Den, Flamin's oldest brother, stayed with us last night and will do so again tonight. Roger and Paul, other two brothers are here as well. Quite a Darrow gathering tonight, (Melanie, Flamin's niece is here but not her mother, Linda), along with Sarge's mother and brother, etc., so should be a wild time even before wedding festivities. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/742053967#.VScq-kBa8jI.email

Hi As usual you are busy and involved in all kinds of activities. I love your pictures! Here is a view from the apt we are in is time. It is lovely, but I prefer the dorm! I like being on campus with all the action! How many hours does it take to drive to Penticton? I doubt we would go, but you never know!
 

At the moment, I wanted to see dinao and check out her life! Ha ha.
I will let you know. One of these days I will write a more comprehensive email like yours! Flamin and Sarge are going to miss you, maybe they will move too?
Take care! Rhoda

 

Hi Corinne and Patrick, Enjoy the wedding celebrations this weekend - look forward to hearing all about it when we see you on Tuesday evening. Don't forget to let me know when you would like us to arrive. Reading not been as fast as I would like so please let me know what you would like me to do :-

A. Return all the books you kindly lent me when we meet up on Tuesday.
B. Just return those I have read and keep the rest in our storage here for me to return when we next meet up, probably in Penticton.
C. Keep all and pass some onto friends here and take the rest to France - this will mean you will have plenty of book credits for your next visit.

Have a great weekend and pass on our best wishes to Wayne and Michelle. Met up with a retired colleague of Sarge and old schoolfriend of Andre's in Vernon earlier today. Small world! Much love, Rosemary XXX




No comments:

Post a Comment