Monday 4 May 2015

Hat-Trick Bridge Blues: Monday, May 4th!

The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650) 
 

My dear Patrizzio Absinthe makes the feart go Honda - (French Japanese joke probably too deep for you to understand) I would like to note that only a fellow guttersnipe would recognize the amazing art involved in the tower's perspective.

The green bread is in the mail. Will probably pass the 5 Euro cheque you have sent somewhere in mid atlantic.Au revoir 2 over 1 Beeronne de Paree

Hi all: I am just back from Palm Desert but am unable to join you for bridge tonight. Regards: David McCleery Just to confirm: I will be there. I assume it's the usual 6PM kickoff. If not, let me know. I'll probably check back here in the afternoon; otherwise you can phone me. Cheers Winston                             Dear Oracle, aka Mumpsimus, "The Beer-Guzzling Beeronne de Paree", et al: Since we four, (Welcome back Big Mac, sorry you can't make it.), do bitter hand-to-hand combat this even, at 6:00 pm, I'll remind Winston to send €10 as the green bread is for him anyway. 

Furthermore, in the interest of maintaining positive Franco-Nipponese relations I've chosen to ignore your guttersniping mondegreen, malapropism or Freudian slip, whichever term best describes the remark you resemble. Must away and allow you to get on with further dispensing of your ultra-ambiguously worded prophesies, the better to cover all contingencies, much like many of your bids! [The latter is a compliment, by the way, "but probably too deep for you to understand!] Cheers, "The mouse is in your court, or at least under your table, now", Patrizzio! Snap: Beeronne de Paree cogitating his 2 over 1 response!

Hooray! All Hail the New Princess. Heralding the New UK Prime Minister Miliband this week. Looking forward to a Mayweather-Pacquiao combative 2/1 contest tonight. Viewed agog from Paris & the North. Let's play fast and furiois! David

Verbose rhetoric (or maybe diarrhea) too much for me to respond to on vacation!  Back on Sunday May 10 so hope to join you on 11th at Robert 's pending jet lag recovery.   Congratulations O Susannah/Sarge!Giuseppe/Happy Birthday and Fondest of Fond Wishes to you today and always!/Present this card for a free weekend stay at our soon to be new home in Penticton/Burns Street B&B!/Hip Hip Hooray! For S(H)e's a Jolly Good Fellow!/ Cheers, Cora Lee and Patrizzio!
Wayne Sutherland I would like to thank everyone. For the Birthday wishes. This was an Extra special year for me after what I went through last August. Spent a great evening with my beautiful wife Michele Darrow-Sutherland at the Vancouver Fish Company. Looking forward to the birth of my second grandchild this summer. Life could not be better.
Patrick James Dunn Sarge receiving help with opening his presents on Sunday!
With packing chores and getting ready to host bridge this evening I felt I only had time for a short outing. This being the case I dipsy-doodled my way around Olympic Villaga and Science World to Stanley Park. One Prospect Hill ascent and then two extended Lost Lagooners to return home in time to shower and change and get dinner fixings ready to pop in the oven. Stats for ride:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/765680200#.VUh0L44Uubo.email

Hi Sarge: I came downstairs this morning to file Chloë's return but the computer was not on the wireless network, (Corinne wonders if that is due to change-over from one carrier to another.), and I didn't know what the Network Security Key happens to be. I need to file her return sometime tomorrow. Will you be home in the morning and/or will laptop be logged on to the Net? I could bring it up here but I'm not sure how to log in to wireless connection on a PC. Any help much appreciated. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!


PS: Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday party. Lovely to see everyone, terrific food and a bonus with dog show! It is working now. Wayne

Hi pat the internet had to be connected because we changed couriers. It is ready to go! thanks for the great pics. Hi Flamin' and Sarge! Thanks for letting me know that connection is up and running. Much appreciated. Glad you liked the snaps. Some good shots of the Usual Suspects! Cheers, Patrizzio!               Enjoyed another great evening of cards his evening with the three lads who have constituted gatherings over the last few weeks, many of the group being out of town on hols. My partner and I were hoping to put an end to our losing streak but it was hats off to Team Mr T/Winst, 4,080, vs Patrizzio/Rob, 2,600 with 34 hands played. 

Still, congratulations to the juggernauts as I enjoyed being steamrolled, once again, by such able, gracious opponents! Hip Hip Hooray! Thanks for another grand evening lads. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
  
Winston, on an extended holiday, used to live in Vancouver but has been living in Scotland for last little while, in Girvan. According to him, all of Scotland is predicted to go to the SNP other than ridings in Glasgow! AM wondering what Glasgow's thoughts might be on this crucial matter?
 
Next week there will be six to play so will have to draw cards for partners, much to the relief, most likely, off my ever patient long-suffering partner. Must admit that I played rather poorly as I kept making silly mistake after mistake, whether in bidding, initially, or else in how I played the various contracts we managed to establish. 


One cannot know for sure, of course, but a different card here or there, an auction slightly higher or lower, and we probably would have come out on top, so close were many of the pivotal contracts. Still, the play is certainly helping my understanding of what I might better do so now I need to incorporate these lessons into my game! Bit like squash and dealing with The Sisterhood, methinks!
 
Dear Patrick A great night: very many thanks! A grand host & top craic. Terrific pork filet supper. We were unusually lucky with the cards! Very Best David Terrific night, terrific grub, terrific company. (Am I starting to sound like our beloved founder?) Cheers, R.
Greetings to all bridgers from Paris. A couple of photos to prove we are here. Our local restaurant's chef is ratatoulie - see photo. enlarge inside circle And for Patrick a foto of square bread cube We also tried the green looking stuff and it tasted awful - like old cigarettes. All is well except the bridge robots tend to drive me nuts at times. Cheers, Byron  Beeronne de Paree", Absinthe Guzzler and far, far Better Mouse-trap Inventor/Engineer and Pest-Control Officer for the 21st Arrondissement, Parigi!





No comments:

Post a Comment