Sunday 21 June 2015

Happyy Father's Day Blues: Sunday, June 21st!

I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up - they have no holidays. -Henny Youngman, comedian, actor (1906-1998) 


Chloe Alexis Dunn Happy Father's Day to my D!!! Love you Dad, enjoy the lake and we will celebrate in 2 weeks😘😘😘 — with Patrick James Dunn.Patrick James Dunn Thanks for the best wishes and terrif snapola, Chloë. Do you have any idea when this was taken? I assume in the late '80's to mid '90's. Look forward to raising the roof with you in a couple of weeks! Trust all goes well. Love, Dad! Chloe Alexis Dunn It was 1999 or 2000 D, Steve Earle at the Commodore. I was living in Winnipeg and flew back for the concert. Patrick James Dunn I certainly recall the concert, now that you mention it. His sister, Stacey, was performing as well. Grand time all around!
 
Hi Fellow DMCI Classmates! Sorry that it has taken me so long to reply, Ron. Much appreciate all the info. We drove from Penticton this past Monday and arrived at Falcon Lake on Wednesday. Life has been a whirlwind ever since as it was my in-law's 70th wedding anniversary. Wonderful time but extremely busy, as you can well imagine.

Erika, if it is fine with you, I'll cough up $20 for wine when we see you at the restaurant. Plan to drive into Winnipeg on Thursday but already looks like a very busy day, trying to see other friends and family. Again, thanks to one and all for all your work and organization on re-union. Really delighted that I'll be able to attend. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: Chloë, our youngest daughter, in Vancouver, posted this today. Thought that Ron might like to see a picture of my grandfather at a younger age!
Ayn P Happy Father's Day Patrick James Dunn This morning I remembered when I had strep throat as a teen and you took me to see Dr. Rushton and waited with me for the lab results ...even though I usually made your life a living hell! I was a spirited teen! You are the best Poppa to the boys ...and we love you for always having been there for us xoxo Hip hip hooray! For he's a jolly good Poppa!!  
Patrick James Dunn Thanks Tinsel Towners! Just over at Uncle Giogio's as the signal doesn't seem to work across the way at The Falcon Fontainebleu! Had a lovely meal of overlefts from last night's anniversary bbq in the screened in gazebo, along with Barb and George. Seems very quiet after all the activity of the last few days. Talk soon. Love Poppa "We Don't Need No Stinkin' WiFi Booster Antennae" San!
Takagaki Toshiko Happy Father's Day, Patrick!! You are always my Canadian Father and the BEST! Love you, Toshiko


Patrick James Dunn Thanks for the lovely words and thoughts Toshi! We are at Falcon Lake at the moment as we drove here, from Penticton, arriving this past Wednesday, to celebrate Corinne's parent's 70th wedding anniversary. Lovely time was had by all but it seems pretty quiet now that everyone has gone home. We will head back to BC early next week as we still have scads of unpacking and other things to do at our new home in Penticton. Fondestos to you and your wonderful Mother. Cheers, Patrizzio! Takagaki Toshiko Patrick, Great to hear from you! It's amazing to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Clara and Dusty!! Please give them my sincere congratulation and best regards on their special day and new continuous happy days ahead!! And please say hello to Corinne and everyone I know who are there! Cheers!! Toshiko



Nadienka Wyss changed her cover photo Patrick James Dunn Have you been cheering for your host country during FIFA? Where is this? Nadienka Wyss It is right where I live, on a neighbour's rooftop. 
 
Hi Toshi! Great to hear from you! Trust all goes well with you and your Mother. As you might have guessed from the earlier correspondence we were headed to Manitoba and being on the road has often made Internet access a bit limited. Any more plans for moving to Canada? Once again, Cora Lee sends along best wishes to you and your Mother. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hello Inca Trail People! Welcome Home! Glad you returned safely. From the snapolas I saw it looked like the trip of a lifetime. Will be more than curious to have a blow-by-blow recounting of all your adventures when next we are able to see one another. Not quite sure when that will be.

Up at just after 6:00 am this morning as Patti, Corinne's sister, and Rachel, her niece, had to leave by 7:00 am to be in Winnipeg for a 10:00 am flight to Ottawa. Had a cup of java while I was waiting for them to get ready and then we all said goodbye at just after 7:00 am. Cora Lee went back to bed, Clarisse stayed up to read the paper and Dusty was out working in his garden. After breakfast, I gave my Trek a good cleaning, (It was covered in grit picked up on Saturday's ride as streets were still quite wet even after rain had stopped.), then I headed out to Rennie River for a 100 km ride as I needed to start logging some distance in order to be as fit as possible for Penticton GranFondo on July 12th!
Patrick James Dunn Garmin Connect First long ride at the lake and extremely pleased with the outing. Started out with the South Shore and then made for West Hawk. After that it was Rennie here I come. Truly ferocious head wind, (pretty constant buffeting, between 16 kph and gusting to 22.5 kph), out of West Hawk all the way to Rennie River. On that return stretch I whistled along, really enjoying having the wind at my back now, as you can certainly appreciate. Seemed almost effortless until I hit turn-off for Caddy Lake and then it was back into battle with Aeolus! Had to fight it all the way back to Ace Bay so I was very pleased that I was able to maintain the AVG I did. Stats for ride:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/811169106#.VYctzMhCZQY.email

Back to find Cora Lee and her parents relaxing in the screened in gazebo so we played bridge until dinner time. Great life! Cycling and then cards!!! After a number of hands I went to shower and change and we enjoyed a lovely meal of overlefts from Saturday night's anniversary bbq, along with Barb, George's wife, home from work at the local golf-course. Seems very quiet after all the activity of the last few days.  After I loaded the dishwasher I walked over to Uncle Giogio's as the signal, piggy-backing from his dish, doesn't seem to work across the way at The Falcon Fontainebleu! Pleased to have uninterrupted access so I managed to make a bit of dint in my email backlog, working away for an hour or so. Said thanks and goodnight around 10:00 pm to brush and floss and head to bed to read for another hour or so before my eyelids started to droop, around 11:30 pm.

[Michele Darrow-Sutherland Game time !! To all our Swiss friends may the best team win !!]

Have been trying to send this message ever since I received yours  but the connectivity with Giorgio's satellite dish is making eLife very difficult and frustrating. [I had learned, from bitter, past experience, to copy the message, as I compose, into a Word document, every so often, in order not to lose anything as network connection often fails!] Then with all the comings and goings described above, simply didn't seem to have a moment to sit down and answer mail. Trust all goes well with you and rest of The Sunshine Valley Gang. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Snaps: Road trip snaps: Zircon; old barn at Kenton; Dusty and Patti; Noreen; Duston; Sally with Cora Lee, note large jug of rum in background! Filmer; Travis and Kaitlyn; Greg and Spumoni! Clara and Dusty with Giorgio's family, Cora Lee's brother's family.

[Marvin Angelo Mercado Canada wins #Fifa #womensworldcup]

Hi Stefano! Sorry that it has taken me so long to reply. We drove from Penticton this past Monday and arrived at Falcon Lake on Wednesday. Life has been a whirlwind ever since as it was my in-law's 70th wedding anniversary. Wonderful time but extremely busy, as you can well imagine.

We phoned Grogg on Sunday evening, before leaving and all seems to be going extremely well with chemo. No side effects to date so that is a good sign. Not sure how he is faring since we have been away but know he was scheduled for a double whammy next session.

We probably won't be heading back to BC until Sunday, June 28th, or Monday, June 29th, arriving in Penticton late on either June 29th or June 30th. We will be home until July 14th as Lady Mary is off to New York on the 15th so I'm chauffeuring her into town. Since I'll be in Vancouver anyway, I decided I'd stay for the weekend to take in the Folk Fest so I'll be around, at least until Monday, the 20th. Perhaps we can arrange to meet on the 14th if you are not able to get up to the Okanagan. Anyway, I'm sure we'll be in touch before then.

Just over at Uncle Giorgio's, Cora Lee's brother, as the signal doesn't seem to work across the way at The Falcon Fontainebleu! Had a lovely meal of overlefts from last night's anniversary bbq in the screened in gazebo, along with Barb and George. Seems very quiet after all the activity of the last few days. I know Mme Coriandre would send her fond regards as would Clarisse and Dusty. How is Kathleen? Trust she is making progress with her back. All the best to her.

Must away as my Internet hosts want to hit the hay as they work fairly early, both at the golf-course, tomorrow morning. Let me know what you think might work and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Friday's 70th Anniversary dinner; Saturday's bbq: Cora Lee with Ryan, (He is married to Marlo), and Carly, Marlo's sister; The DustMan; Cody, Greg, Pam, (youngest sister), Dustin; Ryan, Marlo Giorgio, Barb, Carly, Emmett, Quinn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment