Thursday 30 July 2015

Lost Moose Lodge Blues: Thursday, July 30th!

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. -Henry Ford, industrialist (30 Jul 1863-1947) 


Young Patrick, I am hoping you and Corrine are all unpacked , and are spending your days posing for tourists as the American Gothic couple in a field... you with your pitchfork and Corrine in a lovely cotton bonnet. I can picture it now. I sent a small donation to support Aunt Leah's in the bike race.. I hope you did well. 


Although we have not had a great summer , so far, It is a beautiful day today. I am taking the roadster out for a spin. I put very few miles on it as I worry about getting it scratched, and never in the rain. I have owned it for 9 or 10 years, and have probably only put less than 10,000 miles on it. My sister keeps telling me to get rid of it.. but it really is a beautiful car and will be with me for some time yet.

My eye sight has improved according to the optamoligist... but I can`t honestly see any difference... as long as it stays here, I will be satisfied. I am still getting the injections once a month in the eye itself. This month she said I was only one line below 20/20. I wanted to ask her.."if I have almost 20/20, why can't I see?" but I keep my mouth shut as I don't want to risk my drivers license.  Aren't you glad you live 4000 miles away?? 

My older sister turns 75 in a few weeks so we are planning a bash. I am only doing some phoning and tracking down a few relatives. These big numbers start to make you question how much longer we have!!! Scary.

Well Kid, that sun isn't going to bask in itself.. so I am off to Tim's for a cuppa and then maybe down to a local beach, and a spin around town... my best to Corinne and Chloe and of course to you.. Cheers (am I still allowed to say that as a teetotaller???) Bill

Hi Roadster Man! I just have to think about you and Wham!, a message arrives in my in-box! Very pleased to hear that your eyesight has improved even if you don't notice any difference. Onward!!! Fight!!! With respect to the GranFondo, [Matt Garrey and his wife, Catherine, spent that weekend with us!], event itself went extremely well and Chloë just sent me a list of donors a few days ago. I was delighted to see "William Dempster" on the list!  

[Wayne Sutherland
The doctor told Gregg today one bottle of wine a day. He did not realize that he had four liter bottles.
  • Patrick James Dunn "I'll send, I'll send somebody around here later. You know we got Gregg comin' around here later
    With a bottle of wine for you, baby, but I gotta go, I gotta go."
  • Joe Meikle Again it only reinforces einstiens law of PSYCHICS - for every obstacle there is a bigger and better solution! (Actually that's Joes law)
  • Patrick James Dunn T=wb2, where T is Thirst, w is Wine and b is number of bottles! Patrizzio's Law!]
Sorry I've not been in touch sooner as I certainly wanted to thank you for your support. Much, much appreciated and with contributions from friends like you and and other relatives the total, to date, is $880. Might go a bit higher as a number of other people have indicated they wish to contribute as well. Quite pleased with result as this is a the first time I have done any fund-raising of this kind. At any rate, thank you for your generosity. Rest assured, all the money goes to a good cause. If interested, you can take a look at Aunt Leah's website: http://auntleahs.org/ 

Does it get any better ?Patrick James Dunn Fireworks with the fireworks? Nicole Marie Ya it does, your daughter could be there too?? Joanne Trueman Great to share this with good friends. I'm still smiling]
Take care of yourself, Teetotaler Bill. Yes, as a much confirmed non-Teetotaler I give you permission to say "Cheers"! Corinne sends along best wishes and warm regards. Will pass along your greetings to Chloë as I need to chat with her about a number of other things. Top of the list is that we have overseas visitors arriving in Vancouver next week and need to coordinate their  stay in the city before they head to Penticton.  Hope to hear from you when the sun stops shining and you've polished your roadster! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Cora Lee, Catherine and Glasgow, (aka Matt Garrey!), outside of Liquidity, winery near OK Falls; on our patio later that same day; Bill and Denise at their Deep Roots cabin; Bill and I; at our place; Cora Lee, melting from the heat, relaxing with a spray mister!

Hi Patrick, Sorry for the lack of communication on our part. We were away and I am just dealing with messages now. I understand, according to your last message, that you do not need an extra ticket. Is that correct? I make place seatings for everyone, so could you please give me all of the names of the people in your party? Thank you. Please call during the day if you have any questions. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Sincerely, VIRGINIA

Hi Virginia! Welcome back, wherever you happened to be. Business/pleasure? Sorry for all the confusion but, as you note, we no longer need an extra ticket. On Wednesday we learned that our close friend, Peter Lighthall, will be out of town on a business trip when your 1.6 mile dinner takes place. That being the case, we will purchase his ticket from his wife, Lynne Lighthall, for our very good friend , Margareta Maunsback, visiting from Denmark. Corinne Durston and I, Patrick Dunn, will complete the foursome. Trust this will help with the place seatings you mentioned.

A couple of final questions: Where do we meet, in Penticton, to take shuttle? Time? I assume we will buy transportation tickets, ($25, round-trip), on the bus. Is this correct? Thanks again for all your help. Certainly looking forward to the dinner. Plan on opening a bottle of your 2013 Blind Creek Chardonnay for dinner tonight. Just doing our homework! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Congrats on your GranFondo conquer! I did cyber stalk you to see your results and was impressed indeed! I can't wait to get the chance to talk about details! Would you mind if I stayed one night with you? That would be monday. I plan on heading home on Tuesday. I love your emails, I need a keyboard to respond properly! My thumbs just don't keep up with my brain when I use my phone to respond to emails. :(  I hope it works out to see you both! Love E

Hi Cyber Stalker! I just have to think about you and Wham!, a message arrives in my in-box! Very pleased that you are watching every move I make. Will make sure that I remember this when taking a shower! Of course you are welcome to stay, for as long as you want! Someone will be home on Monday. I assume you might arrive mid-to-late morning but we can leave a key somewhere if you have other things to do beforehand. Also, consider popping by over the course of the long-weekend if you might be in town. Farmer's Market, (ten minutes, by foot, from our place), on Saturday, is a blast, and we usually go, buying fresh fruit, vegetables, etc., and simply people-watching! Anyway, I'm sure you will have a full dance card but don't hesitate to stop by if circumstances allow.

With respect to the GranFondo, it'll be fun to chat about ride with a fellow cyclist even if you only use your bike to toddle from winery to winery!
Over dinner, with another couple, this past Wednesday, Gail and Alan were also guests of friends, Lynne and Peter, at their gorgeous home in Narmata, they mentioned a place called Lost Moose Lodge, way up, high in the hills east of Penticton. Yesterday, while en route to doing a number of errands, we took Carmi, near Penticton Regional Hospital, all the way to the lodge. Climb reminded me quite a bit of so-called Palms to Pines highway in Palm Desert. Do you know it? It is about 10 km from our place to lodge so that is my cycling adventure for today. Wish me Buona Fortuna! If I don't make it, you and Cora Lee will have even more wine to consume on Monday evening! Best wishes from Cora Lee to you, Julia and your parents. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: Cora Lee, melting from the heat, relaxing with her prized spray mister!

Patrick, Then you for your lengthy description of your existence in your new domicile. Could you please send your new mailing address in Penticton and your new phone number? We may want to contact you other than by e-mail. You really appear to have settled into your new home. Also, when are you coming back through here on your way to California?

We are leaving next Friday for the Galapagos Islands on a 9 day boat tour run by Lindblad Travel and National Geographic. It appears like it will be a great time. Your trip to Winnipeg for your in-laws anniversary must have been quite enjoyable. That also was one big trip that Corinne and her friend took to New York. There probably was more excitement there than in Penticton. Best wishes,
Mike


Hi Galapagos Islands Folk! Wow! What a more than wonderful adventure. I'm greener, with envy, than a radio-monitored Spanish turtle, recently re-introduced to Sante Fe Island! Will have to spend a week with you, (probably towards Christmas when we head south to spend hols with Tinsel Towners!), just to see all the wonderful pictues I know you both will take! Yes, we are settling in, gradually, but still enjoying the adventure. Can hardly wait to host you two for a change! Best wishes from Cora Lee to you both. Travel safely. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, The e-mail you just sent was too big. It was 23+ Megabytes. Could you please divide it up and resend it. Thanks, Mike Hi Digitle! Trust latest messages went through. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


 






No comments:

Post a Comment