Sunday 26 July 2015

Tour de France Blues: Sunday, July 26th!

Language is like money, without which specific relative values may well exist and be felt, but cannot be reduced to a common denominator. -George Santayana, philosopher (1863-1952) 

Patrick James Dunn Hi Kurt! When are you coming to Penticton? How is life at Harbour Terrace? Cheers, Patrizzio! Kurt Traugott As u know I'm down by the Fraser river... View from Mt Baker to the gulf islands.... Harbour T still has the scaffolding up but not much change...saw Joeanne, she is recuperating nicely... So there that's all I know Kurt Traugott Don't quite know as I'm not settled with Cynthia. I'm working on my new digs and on my newest boat so that keeps me busy I'm quite happy here, peaceful, not too hot albeit small but rather perrrrfect. Will see how it all comes to a conclusion..Patrick James Dunn Thanks for the update. Things going well here. Cora Lee is back, today, from New York. Will spend the night with friends before taking bus to Penticton tomorrow. You are always welcome so when you are more settled, let us know. Cheers, Patrizzio! Kurt Traugott Much as gracias Patrizzio 

Arrived in Van. At Nancy's having tea. Love Cora Lee aka mom Welcome back!! Xoxo
Welcome back, Duhlink! Glad you made it to Vancouver, safely and soundly! Hello and best wishes to Nancy and David. Any idea when bus will arrive in Penticton?
Up at 7:30 am this morning to think about readying breakfast for the gang. Tip-toed to the bedrooms to close doors but found Flash sitting up in bed, iPadding. Whispered good morning to each other and then closed their door so as not to wake Super K. Did the few dishes that I hadn't been able to fit in dishwasher, put java on and then set about preparing fixings for scrambled eggs. Started out by frying up some onions and orange pepper then added some diced turkey pepperoni sausage. Flash appeared shortly after and he took over, whisking eggs and folding them into admixture. The Sisterhood showed their sleepy heads just as we were ready to eat and we enjoyed chatting about their cabin at Christina Lake and what plans they had for the following two weeks or so.  
Marvinator's Glads!
After breakfast everyone packed their bags and soon had the cars loaded. Needed two as taking up a an instant hot water system, fueled by two large propane tanks. {Looked like us going to Manitoba!] Took a few farewell snaps, exchanged hugs and kisses and then waved goodbye to the convoy, wishing them safe travels. Back inside to set about doing dishes and laundry. Put on Le Tour and enjoyed catching up while I tidied up and answered messages. Not sure when I'll head out for a ride as plenty of angry dark clouds in sky and a few thunderclaps. Just looked at AccuWeather and rain should hold off until around 7:00 pm so need to head out shortly. Give me shout sometime later this evening, Lady Mary, as I'd love to hear your voice, My Darling! Fondestos, Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio, aka Branson! Pics: Denise and Bill, Friday night; Debbie; Jake; Virginia and Jake; Dinner and Farewell!
Marvinator's Eiffel!
Didn't leave the house until about 4:30 pm as was a tad worried that I might manage to get caught in a thunderstorm. A number of heavy rumbles earlier. Anyway, decided to risk a soaking and headed out do make for The OK Corral once I'd completed the Lakeshore/Upper Bench loop. Once I was along Skaha I realized that I was heading into the wind and it sprinkled lightly all the way to McClean Creek Road. Quite a bit of water on Eastside Road so my shoes and shirt took a bit of a beating as I don't have any fenders, since my Palm Desert accidento! However, by the time I was descending into OK Falls road was dry and wind had given me a tumble dry so I was fine. Rather different to be heading back to Penticton with the wind pushing me along instead of impeding me! However, must have been more of a cross-wind since as soon as I was on South Main I was heading back into the blast. Still, not too, too bad and I plugged away. Tried to push my AVG to 20 kph but not enough steam. Still, a lovely, lovely evening for such a pleasant ride. Stats for ride:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/845865238#.VbWfJA2u5C0.email
Wayne Sutherland When does Corrine get back. Patrick James Dunn Corinne! Had a quick note from Cora Lee earlier this afternoon and she is back safely, staying overnight with friends, Nancy and David. She will take the bus around noon tomorrow and be back at 7:00 pm. She left me a phone message, (I was out riding to OK Falls.), saying she expected an extravaganza of a welcome back. Great to have Lady Mary back! Trust all goes well at Harbour Terrace! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Lynn! Trust you are well. When can we expect a visit? Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Joan! Not sure if you knew but we moved to Penticton at the end of May. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Santiago! Great to hear from you. Trust you and Ellen are well! Big news, for us is that we moved to Penticton at the end of May. Long story so you need to visit. Anyway, I cycled in the GranFondo here on July 12th. Glasgow and Catherine were here over that weekend and we had a lovely time. Ride went  exceedingly well so I was pleased. Mme Coriandre has been in New York, [with Robyn, Daddy Warbuck's partner, you might recall.], for last ten days. Any word on The Eggman? Cheers, Il Conduttore!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment